Team Formation Process must be completed on Tuesday, October 18 by 5:00 p.m. – this includes:
- Individuals sign up on new HACC HUI tool (details below)
- Form Team and name Team Captain
- Team Captain – completes Team registration information
- Each team member – must sign acknowledgement form that they have read and will abide by the rules and guidelines for the event
- If team member is under 18 years of age, they and their parent or guardian will need to e-sign acknowledgement form indicating the minor has read and will abide by the rules and guidelines of the event and parent gives them permission to participate in the event.
- Final Challenge choice selected
HACC HUI App – OPENS September 19th – we are opening early to give you time to form teams and reserve weeks post kick off for development – so get this done as soon as you can!
- Teams will not need to select a challenge when registering, but MUST specify a challenge by 5:00 p.m. October 17th, You will only be able to select 1 challenge once the choices are announced (Monday, Oct 10th).
- Identifying your challenge is important to help the Technical Judges know what to look for on your submission, if the Challenge on HACC HUI does not match what is submitted, Technical judges may reduce scoring.
HACC HUI is available through the hacc2022.slack.com workspace
- Join the workspace here or by using typing this shortened version into your app: https://bit.ly/3OWBmgg
- Once on Slack – open Apps section and find hacchui22
- On message tab – type “Register me” and submit – you will receive a user name, password and sign in link
- Log into HACC HUI – proceed with creating a individual account and if you are going to be a team captain, create a team
For a full completed details on how to use this app – go to HACC HUI PDF
Tech Review Begins – October 31, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
- Working code should be available by this date/time as judges can review solution for inclusion in the Judging day event (see HACC Judging Criteria for completed set of criteria)
- If you are doing a low/no code solution be sure to provide what tech judges need to review your solution.
Changes for 2022
There have been a couple of changes that it is important you be aware of. These are:
- Pitch Training workshop on Oct. 29th is strongly encouraged!
- Security/Privacy Criteria updates:
Each team must answer a required security question on hacc-2022.devpost.com. The question will be related to how your solutions should be secured and your response must not exceed 300 words. Be specific to your application’s security needs – describe how the different parts/functions of the solution should be secured for both data security and privacy. Do not provide generic security guidance. (If this question is left blank score will be 0 for this category!)
- Prize Changes:
Prizes have been added make a distinction between Coded and Low/No Code categories. A third place has been added to High/Middle School category. See below for specifics
Looking to register for a workshop? Please go to the Workshops page