Mentorship for HACC 2022
For HACC 2022 – we are offering mentors to support your team when you are building your solution.
This idea come to us from Microsoft’s John Cho, we currently have 6 mentors set up, but more will be added if needed. We would also like to welcome any other organizations or individuals to participating in this program too! (Sign up form below)
To participate as a mentor or on a team you will need to join the HACC 2022 Workspace (hacc2022.slack.com). We will be setting up a Mentors channel on this workspace once you join, go there for the latest updates.
Join HACC 2022 Slack: https://bit.ly/3OWBmgg
- Minimum of 1-2 hours weekly, many have offered even more time
- Engagement will be virtual – over Teams or Zoom
- Advisory role, will not be doing coding work for students
- Agnostic of Microsoft technology, this is about the students
- Mentors with HACC logo have participated in past events
Mentors and Mentees are asked to abide by these Rules of Engagement:
- An adult educator must be present during mentoring interactions for High or Middle School Teams
- Mentor and participant to decide on platform channel for engagement, i.e. TEAMS, Slack (we are working on getting huddle capabilities), Zoom.
- Mentor and participant to decide frequency and duration of engagement